What You Need to Know About Commercial Insurance
Commercial insurance claims following a major damage to a facility can become difficult to manage if you do not have the proper knowledge or vendor involved with the process. Many projects can become bogged down in red tape or even worse, they may result in the insured having to pay fees out of pocket following a loss. Here is what you should know about your insurance prior to a loss:
- Who is your insurance carrier?
- What is your insurance deductible?
- What does your insurance cover you for?
- Do you have mold coverage?
- Do you have any insurance Limits? (for example, do you have a 100,000 cap on contents)
- Are you self-insured?
Having knowledge of all these areas before a loss occurs can greatly streamline how quickly your claim is processed. It will also help you be able to make informed decisions on how to move forward after a major facility catastrophe. The key is to make sure you have a plan, know your coverage, and have a trusted vendor like SERVPRO to help get you back up and running as quickly as possible.