With the Memorial Day holiday past us we are at the beginning of grilling season. The weather is getting nicer and SERVPRO of Easton, Bethlehem & Whitehall would like to provide you with some helpful tips to keep you and your family safe.
- Grilling Safety Tips
- Always grill outdoors
- Grills cannot be used on the balcony with an overhang.
- The grill should be at least 10 feet away from the house or building.
- Keep children and pets three feet away from the grill while in use.
- Gas Grill Safety
- Make sure the lid is open when you light it, the propane can build up inside and when ignited, and the lid may blow off.
- If you smell gas, turn the grill off immediately and do not move the grill.
- Always make sure you turn the burners off and close the propane cylinder when you’re done using it.
- Don’t ever leave a burning grill unattended.
- Charcoal Grill Safety
- Only use charcoal starter fluid. Never use gas or kerosene to start a fire.
- Charcoal can give off carbon monoxide which can be deadly so always use your grill outdoors.
- Always allow the coals to cool for 48 hours before proper disposal. If you can’t wait until they cool then soak them in water before putting them in a metal container.